- Strategies and Applications for Creating More Memorable Passwords
Brent MacRae, MSc candidate (June 16, 2016)
- Efficient wireless power transfer for Internet of Things devices
Dr. Waleed Ejaz, Ryerson University (February 10, 2016)
- Detecting Vulnerabilities of Broadcast Receivers in Android Applications
Di Tian (January 20,2016)
- Towards Internet Scale Open Data Integration
Ken Pu, UOIT (January 13, 2016)
- Applying Wireless Sensor Networks and Machine Learning to forecast flash floods in urban rivers
Gustavo Furquim, University of São Paulo, Brazil (December 9, 2015)
- On the Potential of Intent-based Access Control (IBAC) in Preventing Insider Threats
Abdulaziz Almehmadi (December 2, 2015)
- Trends and challenges in Cloud Service Security
Ashar Baig (Huawei Technologies) (November 25, 2015)
- Keyword Search in Structured Big Data
Mehdi Kargar, Mitacs Elevate Postdoctoral Research Fellow (November 25, 2015)
- Augmenting Hand-Written Annotations with Digital Metadata for Active Reading of Poetry
Hrim Mehta, MSc student (November 18, 2015)
- Towards Parallax-Based Unencumbered Displays Or "Designing a 3D display without glasses"
Ryan Shanks, MSc candidate (November 11, 2015)
- Bloom Filter Tree for Fast Search of Tree-Structured Data
Mengyu Wang, MSc student (November 4, 2015)
- The effects of technologies on the visual presentation of information in the news media
Isabel Meirelles, OCAD University (October 21, 2015)
- Incremental Hierarchical Topic Modeling for Multi-Party Conversation Analysis
Mennatallah El-Assady, PhD candidate (October 14, 2015)
- Spatial Peripheral Interaction Techniques for Viewing and Manipulating Off-Screen Digital Content
Erik Paluka, MSc candidate (August 5, 2015)
- Choose your own adventure: How to make your HCI degree relevant in a changing industry
Kimberly Tee, Microsoft (July 30, 2015)
- Beyond the Noise: An Exploration of Informative Sound Design in Video Games
James Robb, MSc candidate (Faculty of Business and Information Technology) (July 29, 2015)
- RoboBUG: A Game-Based Approach to Learning Debugging Techniques
Michael Miljanovic, UOIT (April 22, 2015)
- Hamming Distance as a Metric for the Detection of Side Channel in 802.11 Wireless Communications
Visal Chea, UOIT Computer Science graduate student (April 15, 2015)
- Breaking the barriers of conventional interfaces: natural interactions with assistive technologies
Professor Cosmin Munteanu, University of Toronto Mississauga (April 8, 2015)
- Query Planning for Evaluating SPARQL Property Paths
Nikolay Yakovets, PhD candidate (York University) (March 6, 2015)
- Cluster-Based Target Tracking in Vehicular Ad Hoc Networks
Sanaz Khakpour, UOIT CS Graduate Student (February 11, 2015)
- Playing Is Creating with PlayTIME: Introducing and Evaluating a Tangible UI-Based Interactive Scenario Prototyping System
Daniel Buckstein, UOIT Graduate student (February 5, 2015)
- Adaptive Technologies to Support Language Learning
Carrie Demmans Epp, University of Toronto (January 21, 2015)
- CORE: A Framework for the Automatic Repair of Concurrency Bugs
David Kelk, UOIT (December 3, 2014)
- StoryPass: A System for Secure and Memorable Passphrases
Chris Bonk, UOIT Master of Science student (October 22, 2014)
- Quantifying Exercise and Motivating Users into Physical Activity
Alvaro Joffre Uribe Quevedo, University of Bogota, Colombia (October 21, 2014)
- Video Analysis Software: Understanding Human Factors
Simon Reynolds, Account Manager, Studiocode Business Group (October 15, 2014)
- An Index Structure for Fast Range Search in Hamming Space
Ernesto Rodriguez Reina, UOIT graduate student (October 8, 2014)
- A Negotiation Protocol with Conditional Offers for Camera Handoffs
Wiktor Starzyk, UOIT (October 1, 2014)
- A Framework for Video-Driven Crowd Analysis
Jordan Stadler, UOIT (September 24, 2014)
- Object-Centric Temporal Navigation for Dynamic Information Visualizations
Brittany Kondo, UOIT (August 20, 2014).
- Towards a Concurrent Implementation of Keyword Search Over Relational Databases
Richard Drake, UOIT (June 18, 2014).
- Realtime Disambiguation of Letters and Numbers Using Typographic Strategies
Kate Sellen and Richard Brath, OCAD University (April 23, 2014)
- Design Space of Typeface: Using Type Attributes in Data Visualization
Richard Brath, London South Bank University (March 5, 2014).
- Information Access in the Information Age
Hao Le, CEO, Content Interface Corporation (February 26, 2014).
- Reaction RuleML - Standardize Semantic Reaction Rules
Adrian Paschke, Freie Universitaet, Germany (August 7, 2013).
- Combating Childhood Obesity Using Mobile Devices: UOiFit - A Social Training Partner
Kei Turner, UOIT (April 24, 2013).
- Design And Implementation Of The Crypto Assistant: An Eclipse Plugin For Usable Password-Based Column Level Encryption Based on Hibernate and Jasypt
Ricardo Rodriguez Garcia, UOIT (February 27, 2013).
- Gathering Residual Data in the Wild: Some Results, Implications and Applications
Dr. Tim Storer, Lecturer, University of Glasgow (February 14, 2013).
- Real-Time Global Illumination Techniques
William Sherif, Master of Science (MSc) student, UOIT (January 23, 2013).
- Detecting Data Fraud
Dr. Kruzslicz Ferenc, Associate Professor, Faculty of Economics, University of Pécs, Hungary (January 30, 2013).
- Reliable Multicast Trees
Sushant Gautam, MSc student, UOIT (December 5, 2012).
- Clone Detection to Find Model Patterns
Thomas R. Dean, Associate Professor, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Queen's University (November 28, 2012).
- Social Game Analysis for Health Games
Matthias Klauser, PhD student, UOIT (November 21, 2012).
- Energy-Efficient GPS Sensing with Cloud Offloading
Dr. Heitor S. Ramos, Assistant Professor, Computer Science, Federal University of Alagoas, Brazil (November 16, 2012).
- Exploring Entities in Text with Descriptive Non-photorealistic Rendering
Meng-Wei Chang, Computer Science MSc student, UOIT (November 15, 2012).
- Automated Video Summarization and the Detection of Notable Events
Gregory Dudek, Professor and Director, School of Computer Science, James McGill Chair, McGill University (November 14, 2012).
- Using Rabin-Karp Fingerprints and LevelDB for Faster Searches
Richard Alan Deighton, Computer Science MSc student, UOIT (November 7, 2012).
- Visual Search for an Object in a 3D Environment using a Mobile Robot
John K. Tsotsos, Department of Computer Science and Engineering, and Centre for Vision Research, York University, Toronto, Ontario (October 3, 2012).
- Seeing the Point: Understanding and Representing Gestures in Surface-Based, Distributed Collaboration
Aaron Genest, PhD candidate, Department of Computer Science, University of Saskatchewan (October 1, 2012).
- Physics in Human Estimation and Scene Understanding
Marcus Brubaker, PhD, Toyota Technological Institute at Chicago, Illinois (September 12, 2012).
- Predicting Mutation Score Using Source Code and Test Suite Metrics
Mr. Kevin Jalbert, MSc student, UOIT (September 5, 2012).
- Secure Cloud-based Medical Data Visualization
Pradeep K. Atrey, Associate Professor, Applied Computer Science, University of Winnipeg, Winnipeg, Manitoba (August 22, 2012).
- Graph-based Gameplay Analysis
Guenter Wallner, University of Applied Arts Vienna, Austria (August 9, 2012).
- A Brief History of HCI Accessibility Issues for Persons with Disabilities
Dr. Fraser Shein, President and CEO, Quillsoft Ltd. (April 4, 2012).
- System Support for Agile Cloud Computing
Professor Eyal de Lara, Associate Professor, Department of Computer Science, University of Toronto, Ontario (March 28, 2012).
- Biometric Storyboards: Connecting the Dots
Mr. Pejman Mirza-Babaei, Visiting Scholar, UOIT (March 21, 2012).
- Road Boundary Detection in Challenging Scenarios
Mr. Mohamed A. Helala, PhD student, UOIT (March 14, 2012).
- Interactive Visualization of the Social Network of Research
Mr. Mohammad Alsukhni, MSc graduate, UOIT (March 7, 2012).
- Modelling Ontario Healthcare System: Case Studies in Cardiac Care
Dr. Jiming Liu, Chair Professor in Computer Science and Associate Dean of Science, Hong Kong Baptist University (February 13, 2012).
- Visualization for Search:
Exploring Complex and Dynamic Information Spaces
Mr. Marian Dörk, PhD candidate, University of Calgary, Alberta (February 6, 2012).
- Collaborative Information Visualization
Dr. Petra Isenberg, Research Scientist, INRIA (January 25, 2012).
- Leveraging Physical Actions to Interact with Digital Surfaces
Dr. Mark Hancock, Assistant Professor, Department of Management Sciences, University of Waterloo, Ontario (January 18, 2012).
- Identification and Annotation of Concurrency Design Patterns in Java Source Code Using Static Analysis
Mr. Martin Mwebesa, MSc student, Computer Science, UOIT (December 7, 2011).
- Ray Tracing Large Distributed Datasets Using Ray Caches
Mr. Christopher Little, MSc student, Computer Science, UOIT (November 30, 2011).
- Fighting Software Bugs Through Automatic Text Analytics
Dr. Lin Tan, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Waterloo, Ontario (November 23, 2011).
- Operational challenges for emerging cognitive radio technologies - Wireless Devices Utilizing TV White Spaces
Dr. Jarkko Paavola, Business Information Technology, Turku University of Applied Sciences, Finland (November 16, 2011).
- Living IT-Landscape Models - Automation Techniques for Enterprise Architecture Model Maintenance
Mr. Matthias Farwick, PhD candidate, University of Innsbruck, Austria (November 9, 2011).
- Toward a Comprehensive Clone Management System
Dr. Chanchal Roy, Department of Computer Science, University of Saskatchewan (November 7, 2011).
- ARC: Automatic Repair of Concurrency Bugs
Mr. Kevin Jalbert and Mr. David Kelk, MSc students, UOIT (November 2, 2011).
- Measuring Privacy
Ms. Tracy Ann Kosa, PhD candidate, UOIT (October 19, 2011).
- Learning a blind measure for perceptual image quality
Ms. Huixuan Tang, PhD candidate, University of Toronto, Ontario (October 5, 2011).
- Extracting 3D blood flight trajectories from videos for forensic analysis
Mr. Luis Zarrabeitia, PhD candidate, UOIT (September 28, 2011).
- Object Recognition in Range Data
Dr. Michael Greenspan, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Queen's University, Kingston, Ontario (September 21, 2011).
- Component-based development of reactive systems using protocol state machines and model checking
Dr. Juergen Dingel, School of Computing, Queen's University, Kingston, Ontario (April 6, 2011).
- The representation of complex business processes for data stream mining
Mr. Rishikesan Kamaleswaran, MSc student, UOIT (April 6, 2011[a]).
- Model-Based Human Pose Tracking
Dr. David Fleet, Department of Computer Science, University of Toronto, Ontario (March 9, 2011).
- Will Digital Media Reshape the World?
Dr. Eugene Fiume, Department of Computer Science, University of Toronto, Ontario (February 9, 2011).
- Facile Interaction with Displays All Over the Place
Dr. Ravin Balakrishnan, Associate Professor and Canada Research Chair, Department of Computer Science, University of Toronto, Ontario (January 26, 2011).
- On the Impact of Human Factors in Computer Security: Case Studies with Graphical Passwords
Dr. Julie Thorpe, Faculty of Business and Information Technology, UOIT (December 8, 2010).
- Computer Vision Technologies to Promote Independent Living for the Elderly
Dr. Babak Taati, Research Associate, University of Toronto and Toronto Rehabilitation Institute (December 1, 2010).
- Semantic Link Discovery over Web Data
Mr. Oktie Hassanzadeh, PhD candidate, University of Toronto (November 24, 2010).
- The use of smooth animated transitions and simple interactions in information visualization to support rich visual exploration
Dr. Fanny Chevalier, Post-doctoral Researcher, OCAD University, Toronto, Ontario (November 17, 2010).
- Online Annotation of Text Streams With Structured Entities
Dr. Ken Pu, Faculty of Science, UOIT (November 10, 2010).
- Fast Superpixels and their Use for Spatio-temporal Segmentation
Dr. Alex Levinshtein, Post-doctoral Fellow, University of Toronto and Philips Healthcare (September 29, 2010).
- Feature-Based Controllers for Physics-Based Character Animation
Dr. Martin de Lasa, Autodesk Canada (September 22, 2010).
- How Good is Static Analysis at Finding Concurrency Bugs?
Mr. Martin Mwebesa, MSc student, UOIT (September 1, 2010).
- Majority Spanning Trees and Cotrees and their Applications
Dr. Mohammad Kaykobad, Professor, Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (August 25, 2010).
- The Role of Intermediate Shape Priors in Perceptual Grouping and Image
Dr. Sven Dickinson, Professor, University of Toronto, Ontario (April 7, 2010).
- Summarizing Speech
Dr. Gerald Penn, Chief Scientist Knowledge Media Design Institute, University of Toronto, Ontario (March 31, 2010).
- Multiresolution terrain representation by level curve elimination
Mr. Luis Alberto Zarrabeitia, MSc (March 17, 2010).
- Reasoning About Motion in Two Dimensions
Mr. Joshua Gross, MSc student, Ryerson University (February 24, 2010).
- Operational Trust Management: Defusing Intrusion Capabilities by Collaborative Anomalous Trust Management
Dr. Khalil A. Abuosba, Researcher, UOIT (February 17, 2010).
- Shh!... Who's There? Using Sonification to Support Network Intrusion Detection
Dr. Miguel A. Garcia-Ruiz, Visiting Professor, UOIT (January 27, 2010).
- The Road Ahead for Mining Software Repositories
Dr. Ahmed E. Hassan, NSERC/RIM Industrial Research Chair in Software Engineering for Ultra Large Scale Systems, Queen's University, Kingston, Ontario (January 20, 2010).