(Leblanc and Hageman)
Forensic Bioscience focuses on:
- Understanding the chemical processes which occur during decomposition;
- Studying arthropod biology and its applications to legal investigators;
- Determining the effect of environmental variables on biological and chemical systems;
- Professional misconduct within the field of forensic science; and
- Developing techniques for recognizing and responding to threats to security and public safety.
For many scientists, the field of forensic bioscience crystallizes an area of research at the interface between biology, chemistry, forensic science, and legal science.